We are looking for an ambitious Rural Property/Agriculture lawyer with between 5 – 8+ years’ experience to work in our Rural Team. Your background will ideally be within agriculture: if not though, you will have a genuine interest within this sector. We are ranked as top tier in the Legal 500, on our operating patch, for the Rural Team which acts for landowners, farmers, tenants and rural businesses throughout Cumbria, Lancashire and Merseyside.
You will benefit from:-
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance of x2 annual salary (facility to increase at employees own cost)
- Pension scheme
- Voluntary Cash Plan Scheme – to assist with dental & optical bills
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Continued development and learning opportunities including sponsorship and study leave options
- Discounted legal services, client Introduction scheme
- Regular appraisals & bi-annual companywide social functions
Your role will include:-
- Being responsible for running own caseload and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the retention of good clients through appropriate client management and matter completion.
- Contributing to the development of the business plan and take ownership for the delivery of assigned activities.
- Supporting key events to secure new clients, cross refer opportunities and further increase the team’s strong reputation.
- Preparing and presenting joint seminars and/or issue bulletins on topical subjects in the sector and work with third parties with whom we work closely with.
- Ensuring clients receive accurate, up-to-date legal advice that takes account of their circumstances.
- Ensuring all new instructions to be appropriately scoped and priced to achieve target gross margin working with the Team’s Partner.
- Achieving personal utilisation and realisation targets
- Setting clear objectives with the two direct reports and actively manage to reinforce strong performance.
- Promoting the team’s service offering in FarmFuture which caters for all the needs of a farming family.
You will be working in the Rural Property Team, directly alongside and assisting the Partner managing that outstanding team, whilst running your own caseload. This is a well-run and respected team, Sole Panel status for the NFU in Cumbria and Lancashire, specialising in Rural matters, offering practical and commercial advice to landowners, farming businesses, landed estates, institutions and others with interest in land and the wider rural economy.
You will have:-
- Excellent organisational skills and a committed attitude
- An ability to communicate clearly and accurately to different 3rd parties
- Use of initiative
- Excellent telephone manner
- Effective time management skills
- Secured lending experience
- Between 5-8+ years’ experience in this area of law
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via post to HR Department, Napthens, 7 Winckley Square, Preston, PR1 3JD. If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Department on 01772 888444 or Human.Resources@napthens.co.uk who would be happy to assist.