Location: Preston, Lancashire
Permanent | 37.5 hours per week
Salary Point 31 – 36 / 37 – 41 | £29,577 – £33,782 / £34,728 – £38,890
Due to the retirement of the existing post holder, this vacancy has arisen, based in Preston, and covering a wide geographical area.
This is a permanent full time post (37.5 hours per week) delivering our adoption service and adoption support. This role can be separated and we will accept applications for the adoption service or adoption support, each post being 18.75 hours per week.
Caritas Care is an “Outstanding” adoption service within an established Voluntary Adoption Agency, which operates throughout the North West. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic social work practitioner for the post/s, which will cover Central Lancashire, parts of Greater Manchester and South Cumbria.
The post holder/s will carry out work as required, to enable the agency to provide a comprehensive adoption and adoption support service.
The role available within our enthusiastic adoption team will cover a range of adoption services, including:
- Recruitment of prospective adopters
- Assessment, training and support of prospective and approved adopters
- Family finding
- Developing our on-line services to support and enhance our adoption work
- Access to records and intermediary services
- Carrying out initial assessments, planning, implementing and co-ordinating programmes of support following referral for post adoption services.
We offer our social workers excellent training and professional support and development.