A brilliant opportunity has arisen for an experienced and entrepreneurial Restaurant Group General Manager. The business currently holds five successful restaurants, the lions' share of which fall within the breathtakingly scenic South Lakes. This is a full-time role that we are advertising on behalf of our client.
To be successful in this role, you will need management skills and experience in both front and back of house within the hospitality industry. You need to know how to oversee the dining rooms of all of the groups' restaurants, check-in with customers and balance cover capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you will be responsible for the hiring and firing of qualified chefs and kitchen porters in addition to waiters/waitresses and bar staff etc.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing rotas and work schedules and making sure all sites comply with health and safety regulations.
The client will expect you to lead by example and uplift the staff during busy moments in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure the restaurants run smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences from the first day, until your last day in the post, but the client is really looking for somebody with an entrepreneurial bent, who can take the success of all five venues to the next level. The role will suit someone with the drive and vision to further grow the business.
Lots to do, but lots of fun. Some of the core duties and responsibilities are:
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Operational Delivery; exceeding Company operational targets, through ensuring consistency of operation, product delivery, customer service and approach
- Profit Delivery; Achieving Site budgeted or forecasted Profit targets through ensuring all direct costs are managed effectively
- Customer Focus; Improve existing levels of service and create standards that deliver a quality customer experience every time, whilst managing standards and feedback accordingly
- People Management; Lead from the front, drive change and create a “will do” culture to the business, creating energy and focus for people to achieve outstanding results.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Provide support and guidance to the management team across all five restaurants
- Recruit for and develop the management teams
- Recruit for and develop all junior staff, with input from the management teams
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service, by supporting the employees, thereby enabling them to be accountable for delivering this
- Ensure that all teams are achieving and exceeding financial and sales targets
- Ensure hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained to the group's standard
- Review key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to achieve operational goals
Package Description:And now for the good stuff...
Hospitality is all about looking after people. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary (£40,000 - £55,000, depending on experience)
- Complimentary food whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Generous bonus, dependent on increased revenue
The client is looking for someone that would be willing to get their hands dirty unreservedly, with the vision and oversight to be able to further build upon the successes of an already thriving restaurant group situated within one of Britain's most beloved tourist destinations.
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.