We are looking to recruit a Legal Secretary for our Penrith office.
To provide a high level of accurate, confidential secretarial and administrative support to solicitors and other professional staff, in an efficient and cost effective manner, within a departmental structure.
- Using MS Office products word processing / typing and collating correspondence and other documents from digital dictation, amending and formatting documents quickly and accurately – minimum of 60 wpm required.
- Use of case, practice and document management systems
- Day to day typing of letters, memoranda, monthly reports, bills, file notes, etc.
- Handle and manage telephone calls, visitors and enquiries promptly and professionally
- Taking messages accurately and passing to appropriate person(s)
- Keep information confidential
- Creating and amending legal documents
- Maintaining diary systems for departmental and office staff, arranging and booking meetings and appointments
- Handling expense claims for fee earners
- Maintain and organise filing systems and other information/reference systems including case management systems
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail where required
- Organising travel arrangements and any other ad hoc duties as and when required
- Scheduling files for archiving and retrieval of files from storage
- Monthly billing
- Working as part of a team to ensure that effective secretarial cover is maintained
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards and the firm’s policies in general
- Other support services including taking minutes of meetings and initiating and replying to correspondence on routine matters
- Cover for other secretaries during periods of absence
- Conduct initial meetings with clients as appropriate
- Photocopying, faxing and collating documents
- Undertake other duties of a reasonable nature which may be requested from time to time, including any relevant training