Reporting to: Co – Directors
Main Purpose of the Role: Manage the delivery of our event programmes
Role: Full Time
This is a new and key role, which will be instrumental in managing and delivering our high-standard Family Business events programme. Working with our Co-Directors you will be committed to the delivery of our unique events which include, our flagship regional awards, MidiCons, Insight events, Audience With… and our wider specialist events programme.
Engaging with our Family Businesses, Speakers, Partners, and Sponsors will be key to the role along with excellent organisation, communication skills and event planning. You will have a proven track record in the delivery of both larger and small-scale intimate events.
- You will be involved in the planning of the events from start to finish
- Help in the generation of ideas for our range of events
- Manage our event budgets
- Support in the negotiation of sponsorship opportunities
- Sourcing of event venues across the UK
- Managing logistics with appropriate supply chains
- Managing event marketing plans and campaigns with the wider team
- Post-event evaluation and analysis
- Produce summary reports and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Communication – Strong people skills are essential in making sure event management is planned and executed efficiently from start to finish
- Organisational Skills – Be able to project manage and prioritise tasks to ensure maximum productivity at all stages of pre and post event planning
- Budgeting – Manage the income and expenditure for each event
- Commercial Awareness – Good negotiation skills when working with partners and supply chain
- Detail – a keen eye for detail and an understanding that everything matters
- Good problem-solving – Have the ability to think on your feet when the unexpected happens
The Family Business Community
We are a trusted global network for collaboration and learning.
We unite the family business community to provide a voice, a sense of belonging and an environment for learning and development. We create unique and valuable peer to peer contact and opportunities for generations of families to connect and share their experiences and insight.
To be the most respected Family Business network in the world
Be bold, A good listener, Trusted, Imaginative, To challenge, Believe
We unite a community of Family Businesses to give them a voice, a sense of belonging and an environment for learning