St John's Staff Hire are looking to recruit for our client in Kendal. As a Distribution Centre Colleague, you'll be picking stock to fulfil their eCommerce orders.
Given the current situation, the employer has also taken extra careful measures to help protect all colleagues, which means everyone will be maintaining strict hygiene and social distancing regimens.
An often physical role, you’ll need good lifting and handling technique as well as computer skills for accurately recording the movement of stock throughout the business. You may also be required to use order picking machinery, but full training will be given.
Our client has contracts for days and nights on offer.
Day contracts are 35 hours, and night contracts are 32 hours (4 nights a week).
Day shift is a two-shift split, whereby you will be starting either early or late. This includes one weekday day each week, and one day off during the week.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A professional approach to work and the ability to receive, understand and carry out tasks to meet the day-to-day needs of the department.
- Certification for the range of machinery relevant to the department/area in order to fulfil the range of tasks required by the role (appropriate training will be given).
- Excellent communication and listening skills, able to positively participate within a team.
- Good literacy and numerical skills.
- A high level of accuracy and conscientiousness.
- Effective time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability and reliability.
Contract length: 2 weeks but potentially ongoing extensions
Please get in touch for more details.