Triodos provides a competitive, professional service, lending exclusively to organisatons and projects with clear social and environmental objectives which meet real needs.
Objectives of Fund
Triodos Bank finances companies, institutions and projects with clear social, cultural and environmental benefits, with the support of depositors and investors who want to encourage corporate social responsibility and a sustainable society.
Triodos offers the following services banking services:
- Business Current Account - For the everyday banking needs of businesses.
- Charity Current Account - Flexible day-to-day banking needs of registered charities.
- Triodos Business and Charity Deposit Account - A flexible savings account that offers interest rates up to 0.15% gross/AER.
- Fixed Term Deposits - Accounts for charities and businesses offering fixed terms from 6 months to 1 year, with fixed interest rates of up to 0.40% gross/AER. (Minimum opening deposit of £10,000).
The bank also provides loan funding to organisations (covered in a separate entry).
Who Can Apply
Charities, social enterprises, voluntary organisations and businesses within the UK are eligible to apply.
Triodos will not support:
- Organisations that put profit before people and planet.
- Non-sustainable products and services,including all businesses involved in producing or trading in weapons, tobacco, pornography, fur or environmentally hazardous substances.
- Fossil fuel industry
- Gambling industry.
- Non-sustainable working practices, including animal testing and inhumane farming methods, corruption and support for dictatorial regimes, and breaches of fundamental labour rights.
Full details of all exclusions can be found in Triodos Bank's Minimum Standards document, which is available to download from the About us page of its website.
Triodos Bank focuses its activities across the following three overarching themes, which support a broad range of sectors/projects:
- Organic farming
- Renewable energy
- Ecological development
- Organic food
- Philosophy of life (ie non-coercive expressions of religious belief)
- Day nursery/childcare facilities
- Arts and culture
- Social projects (eg not-for-profit employment programmes, youth help centres, integration programmes).
- Professional services
- Housing associations
- Fair trade
- Sustainable production
Funded organisations and projects must be working to bring about positive and lasting change in these areas for people or the planet.